About Me

My photo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gamer, Musical, Pro-Grammar, Creative, Cynical Ranter, Lover of Coffee

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Peeling the ginger...

Hey everyone,

Here's a quick post to share a very handy technique I read about recently. When I started making my Chinese-style chicken soup I had a real problem with peeling ginger. If I used a knife, I'd lose too much of the ginger, if I used a peeler... well, it just didn't work out for me.

So this is a much more ideal, less wasteful method I learned!

The idea is to use a small spoon and, using your thumb, gently scrape the peel off. It works really well and is incredibly time efficient.


Thanks guys, until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! I read about your new blog.... nice to meet you.... and happy new year , ciao Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you EliFla! Nice to meet you too and I'm glad you like the blog! Happy you new year to you too!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete