About Me

My photo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gamer, Musical, Pro-Grammar, Creative, Cynical Ranter, Lover of Coffee

Sunday 1 January 2012

New year, new ambitions, new blog!

Hello everyone!

First of all, happy new year and I hope you've had a fantastic Christmas. I started my first blog Tea and Toast last year as a sort of test run; I wanted to see how it felt, if I could write well and so on. Fortunately I really enjoyed it and whilst the content was a little too dull, it was a good learning process and I'm interested in writing a lot more.

So this brought me to a question... what can I write about?

There are literally thousands of blogs out there featuring popular themes such as fashion, health, weight loss, music, art, diets, yoga, farming, cooking, photography, diary entries politics and so on! You could start writing the list now and keep on going until next January!

So I thought I'd try something I don't see quite as much. The thing is that (although some people may try to deny it) I'm actually quite an average, regular guy. I see plenty of experts and gurus and people with great opinions and advice with massively successful blogs. I am not one of these. I'm 18, reasonably clever I suppose and still finding what gets me going in life.

But... I have always wanted to get good at cooking.

So what, another cooking blog? Perhaps it looks that way at first, I wouldn't blame you for thinking so. The fundamental difference between this blog and a chef's however, is that I know nothing about cooking besides the odd cake and chinese stir fry!

This blog is going to document my all-new, thrilling, action-packed adventure through the world of cooking. Together, we'll unlock the secrets of timeless recipes and cooking methods. We'll learn about pots, pans, oil and even forks too! This, my friends, is My own cooking project.

So I hope you stick around and see what happens, I might be the next big British chief! Or I might just be crap and give up tomorrow... who knows, eh?

It's going to take about two weeks to get everything up and running, so please have a little patience, it'll be worth it in the long run, I promise this.

Oh and did I mention that my middle name is Oliver? Yeah... spooky.

3 comments:

  1. Cannot wait! Sounds like such a good idea.. Maybe I can try out some recipes too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I came across your blog - I'm attempting to learn to cook this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much!

    Eversojuliet - Thank you for the kind words, I hope you enjoy cooking and this blog, let me know how you get on!

    Ceri - if you have any recipe requests, feel free to ask! :)

    ReplyDelete